Wednesday 10 September 2008

Finally - some help!

Shirley from the Occupational Therapy service came round at 9am this morning and finally I'm going to get some equipment to help me around the house!

The landlord has to approve the addition of hand rails in the bathroom (to help me keep steady in the shower and getting in and out of the bath) and on the frame of the kitchen door (to help me get up and down the step) but she's already ordered the other bits which will be here next Tuesday so I may well be able to have a bath on my own next week! Woohoo! That'll save my mum having to come out and sit here in case I can't get up!

My other pair of support gloves came through the post today as well so I don't have to look so much like a weirdo with black ones on! The new ones are skin tone so should be better for being out and about - also will be better for when we have the Singers concert on 4th October. That way, I'll have some support for holding my folder all the time but I won't look odd!

Bought some patterns for Mum yesterday on Ebay from a chap in Sheerness. Apparently he has a lot of customers in Sheerness and Sittingbourne so I didn't have to pay delivery as he posted them through the door! What a star! Mum's going to give me the money for them. He does cheap wool as well so if Mum wants some to make the shawls, we'll get it from him. Think he does 5 balls for about £6 which is great.

Got Sheppey Singers tonight but I don't know if I'll go or not - depends on this headache. I'm just worried that if I don't go, I'll miss out on going through some songs I don't know. Knitting group tomorrow though so that's good. Time for a good old natter! Should be good.

No comments:



About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mum (yes it IS a non-profit industry - I've never had a penny for doing it and I don't know any mums who have!) to Aston who's 2 years old. I have 2 pet rabbits - Malcolm and Jimmy. I'm seperated from my husband and now live back in my hometown of Sheerness, Isle of Sheppey, Kent UK. I have also lived in London and West Sussex so I've knocked about the South East of England a bit! I'm a pagan and am inspired by natural things and love anything that's not been tampered with too much. I love watching rugby and football and my fave teams are Bath Rugby (cuz Matt Stevens plays for them! lol) and Fulham FC.