Friday 8 August 2008

Miss Saigon, Olympic Fever and Wolves!

Well, I'm sat here listening to the soundtrack to Miss Saigon complete and unabridged on CD (I have it on cassette somewhere!) refamiliarising myself with the songs that I have loved ever since I saw the show in Drury Lane 17 years ago. It's good to hear it all again - I can't remember the last time I listened to these songs - and they still rip at the heart strings. Fantastic stuff!

In the meantime, while I'm thinking about going to bed, on the other side of the world, a ton of athletes are preparing to compete in the most gruelling competition of their lives. Me - I'm not that fussed to be honest! I won't bother watching the opening ceremony and as for the events, the only ones I ever really bother to watch are the track events and then I only really watch the sprint races. Oh well, another few weeks of boring telly! Maybe I'll reacquaint myself with the first 5 seasons of Buffy! lol

Went to Wildwood near Herne Bay today with my mum, brother, niece and my son. I've never been there before and it was really great. There are enclosures set into the woods and even though it was full of parents with kids, you could be round by one enclosure and it was so peaceful. We saw deer, stoats, weasels, beavers, otters, badgers, polecats, pine martins and red squirrels but by far my best bit was seeing the wolves. I absolutely love wolves. They are such beautiful animals. It was fabulous to see them that close up and particularly the 2 hand-reared females. It was amazing to see the difference in the reactions between them and the other 4 wolves living seperately as a pack and who still have a wariness of humans. It was like watching 2 dogs greeting their master! Wagging tails, ears down and big grins on their faces (yes, dogs and wolves can grin!) There were still some wolf behaviours being displayed but it was fascinating to see the difference between wolves that don't trust humans and those who are only alive because of them. Fascinating!

No comments:



About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mum (yes it IS a non-profit industry - I've never had a penny for doing it and I don't know any mums who have!) to Aston who's 2 years old. I have 2 pet rabbits - Malcolm and Jimmy. I'm seperated from my husband and now live back in my hometown of Sheerness, Isle of Sheppey, Kent UK. I have also lived in London and West Sussex so I've knocked about the South East of England a bit! I'm a pagan and am inspired by natural things and love anything that's not been tampered with too much. I love watching rugby and football and my fave teams are Bath Rugby (cuz Matt Stevens plays for them! lol) and Fulham FC.