Sunday 20 April 2008

Getting there... slowly!

Well, I've managed to get past the heel turn on the 2nd of my multi-coloured socks. Jeez this one was a bugger! I couldn't for the life of me remember how I managed to do the heel turn on the last sock and made several attempts at following the pattern before giving up and doing it my own way! It works exactly the same so what the hell!

I still don't think the sock looks entirely right. It just seems to me that the inverted V of the heel gusset is too big. Seems to be quite vast and kind of takes over the look of the sock... maybe I'm doing something wrong. Certainly doesn't look like that on the pattern! I think when I do the socks for my dad, I'll follow the heel turn instructions for one of the socks from the 1949 book my Nan lent me! These German heel turns aren't aesthetically pleasing if you ask me!

I'm up to the toe now so I'll be finished in a short while then I can post a piccie of the final article, as modelled by moi!

No comments:



About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mum (yes it IS a non-profit industry - I've never had a penny for doing it and I don't know any mums who have!) to Aston who's 2 years old. I have 2 pet rabbits - Malcolm and Jimmy. I'm seperated from my husband and now live back in my hometown of Sheerness, Isle of Sheppey, Kent UK. I have also lived in London and West Sussex so I've knocked about the South East of England a bit! I'm a pagan and am inspired by natural things and love anything that's not been tampered with too much. I love watching rugby and football and my fave teams are Bath Rugby (cuz Matt Stevens plays for them! lol) and Fulham FC.