Thursday 31 July 2008

Bah bah dee ah bah dood'n dwee-ah, Feelin' Grooveeeeeeeeeee!

Bet you're wondering what the hell that's all about! haha! That's apparently what we're supposed to sing in the chorus of 'Feeling Groovy' by Simon and Garfunkel... God know's who arranged it!

Was my first time at Sheppey Singers and it was a good laugh. I haven't sung in that kind of way since I was in the choir at Grammar School aged 14! Me and my best friend only joined cuz they were singing a couple of cool songs, well, cool at the time! Every Loser Wins and How Deep Is Your Love were the songs, I think. Oh and we did Send In The Clowns.

Now, for someone who can't read music, I have to learn the alto part to 'Feeling Groovy', 'On My Own' from Les Miserables and 'I Get Along Without You Very Well' by Hoagy Carmichael. And considering I only know one of those songs, it's going to be fun! lol

Apparently I have to audition as well before I'm in proper! So I've been raiding YouTube for songs from Miss Saigon. It has to be my all time favourite musical! Just have to try and get the sheet music now as well.... Found one on ebay so we'll see if I win it or not. Fingers crossed cuz there is a song that is absolutely bang on for me! I'm going to have to see if I can find my copy of the soundtrack. Might be in the shed... Joy!

Well, I'm off to do some crochet (yes, I've taught myself to do the basics!) and scoff potato wedges way too late in the day! lol

No comments:



About Me

My photo
I'm a stay at home mum (yes it IS a non-profit industry - I've never had a penny for doing it and I don't know any mums who have!) to Aston who's 2 years old. I have 2 pet rabbits - Malcolm and Jimmy. I'm seperated from my husband and now live back in my hometown of Sheerness, Isle of Sheppey, Kent UK. I have also lived in London and West Sussex so I've knocked about the South East of England a bit! I'm a pagan and am inspired by natural things and love anything that's not been tampered with too much. I love watching rugby and football and my fave teams are Bath Rugby (cuz Matt Stevens plays for them! lol) and Fulham FC.